I recently wrote a short review article on the $129 RF Explorer spectrum analyzer for Test & Measurement World. While this is an amazing accomplishment for the price, there’s a better design coming shortly. The new model, the WSUB3G, will tune from 15 MHz through 2.7 GHz and is expected to sell for $269. The style is identical to the current WSUB1G model as shown below.
Several improvements have been made to the new analyzer. Besides the expanded frequency range, the front end is now protected up to +30 dBm (was +5 dBm). Several other enhancements have been made to the user interface as well as several additional features to make the instrument easier to use and more versatile.
– Frequency band: 15 – 2700 MHz
– Frequency span: 112 KHz – 100 MHz
– Amplitude resolution: 0.5dBm
– Dynamic range: -110dBm to -10dBm
– Absolute Max input power: +30dBm
– Average noise level (typical): -105dBm
– Frequency stability and accuracy (typical): +-10ppm
– Amplitude stability and accuracy (typical): +-3dBm
– Frequency resolution: 1Khz
– Resolution bandwidth (RBW): automatic 2.6Khz to 600Khz
More information on the analyzer may be obtained from their web site at www.rf-explorer.com.